PE and FE Exam Review Courses
Registration and details for fall 2014 PE review courses will be available in July 2014.
Sign up here to receive an email when details for future courses are available.
In response to the change in NCEES administration of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam to computer-based testing on January 1, 2014, MnSPE is diligently working to update our FE exam review course to appropriately prepare FE exam candidates for this new exam. Until our new FE exam review course is ready to launch, FE examinees can consider reviewing webinars recorded and course materials used during the FE exam review course offered by MnSPE prior to the October 2013 FE exam. Learn more here.
MORE QUICK LINKS
Interested in Future Courses?
Note that registration for this class DOES NOT register you to take your exam. The first of the two exam registration deadlines in Minnesota are VERY EARLY - typically mid-August for the October exams and late January for the April exams - so do not wait to register!
Click here for Minnesota exam registration deadlines.
Click here for links to all other states' licensure boards for those exam registration deadlines.
Pass rates for the October 2013 courses are not yet posted as of December 18, 2013, as results are just beginning to come back to MnSPE. Look for updated pass rates for fall 2013 courses in early 2014.
Civil PE: Pass/fail information is known for 12 of the 27 participants in the spring 2013 course. Of those 12 students, all passed their exam (100% pass rate for students with known exam results). Pass/fail results are not known for the remaining students.
Mechanical PE: Pass/fail information is known for 25 of the 35 participants in thespring 2013 course. Of those 25 students, 22 passed their exam and three did not pass (88% pass rate for students with known exam results). Pass/fail results are not known for the remaining students.
Electrical Power PE: Pass/fail information is known for 5 of the 12 participants in the spring 2013 course. Of those 5 students, three passed their exam and two did not pass (60% pass rate for students with known exam results). Pass/fail results are not known for the remaining students.
See what previous students in our review courses have to say:
- I would like to share with you that I did pass the PE test. Much credit goes to the MnSPE review course in helping to prepare for this test. I really don't know how I would have been able to do this without it. The course provided a structure and progression that really helped me prepare and feel comfortable going into test day. (Minnesota)
- I just wanted to share with you that I passed the mechanical PE exam (thermal fluids depth section)! Thank you for organizing such a great review course. I owe much of my success to this course and the knowledgeable instructors that taught the material. I have already added my new certification to my signature line. (Illinois)
- The webinars have greatly contributed to my preparation for this exam, and overall have been very helpful. I have greatly benefitted from the interaction with the instructors, and would be pleased to attribute any success with passing this exam directly with this exam prep course. Thanks for a great course; I know it has made a big difference in m preparation. (Kansas)
- I received good news this weekend regarding my passing score of the Civil PE exam! I want to thank you, MnSPE and the instructors for setting up the review course. It was well organized and a valuable tool in preparing for the test. I would recommend it to any engineer taking the PE exam in the future. (Florida)
- All instructors were very helpful and willing to help with questions. They gave clear and complete answers to questions. (Iowa)
- I just wanted to let you know that I have passed my exam. I am certain that the MnSPE revie course was instrumental in passing on my first attempt. (South Dakota)
Electrical Power PE
- I just wanted to let you know that I passed the PE!! Just found out today! Thanks for working with us and always being available for questions! (Illinois)
- The course was worth the time and money, thank you. (Minnesota)
- I doubt that I would have studied as much or covered as much territory without this class. (Missouri)
Fundamentals of Engineering
- I wanted to drop a quick note to let you know I passed the FE exam......I appreciate all of the work you put into keeping all the courses running smoothly and have recommended the course to others in my company here in New York that are planning on pursuing the EIT. I think the online format is great and certainly helped me focus on my studying. (New York)
- I thought the webinar presenters were typically well prepared. I found it easy to follow and ask questions. (New York)
- The webinar worked great for me as I was traveling a fair amount for work so I was able to attend even when I was out of town. (Connecticut)
INTERESTED IN FUTURE COURSES?
Details for PE review courses offered in October 2014 will likely be posted in early July 2014 for the October exam. Contact MnSPE to have your name added to the list of potentially interested students, and you will receive an email once course details are finalized.
Details for future FE review courses are forthcoming. We are modifying our FE review course to reflect the NCEES changes in administration of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam effective January 2014.
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
Prior to the PE and FE exam dates in April and October of each year, MnSPE offers review courses to help engineers prepare for these exams. As of the spring 2014 exam, MnSPE offers review courses for the the PE civil exam, the PE mechanical exam and the PE electrical power exam. MnSPE is modifying our existing FE review course in keeping with the new computer-based testing format for the FE exam offered by NCEES beginning January 2014, and further details on a new FE review course will be provided once they are finalized. Additional PE review courses in other disciplines may be offered in the future depending on availability and interest. All courses are offered via webinar (live, interactive with an instructor) and are accessible to students in any location.
All classes will utilize books published by Professional Publications, Inc. (PPI), the leader in engineering, architecture, and interior design exam review and provider of the popular Lindeburg books. When you order your review materials through MnSPE, you’ll save 15% on selected PPI products.
If you have questions or need information not provided here after you have reviewed the details posted on this page and via the course specific links above, please contact MnSPE. The answers to many of the most commonly asked questions can be found on these pages.